Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Officially Going Back to Kenya!


As of today I am officially going back to Kenya with the team for Ecclesia! And back to see my friend Mary! Let me tell you, this is the best news I've gotten in awhile. We are taking a team of 20 people 2/3 of which are returning. I know that the kids we've worked with before will be so happy to see so many familiar faces coming back to see them! We have our first training meeting this Sunday and I've got to get fundraising.

This year I am hoping to spend a longer amount of time in Kenya. I am applying for a teaching fellowship with The Kibera School for Girls, and if accepted I will be in Kenya for over two months. My goal is to fundraise not only for my own trip but also to raise money for Homecare Spiritual Fellowship. I am going to raise additional funds to buy medical supplies, clothes and school supplies for the children Ecclesia works with in Kibera. Stay tuned for details on the fundraiser!


No comments:

Post a Comment